Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Allow God to Rescue You


In order to win the battle in our minds and lives, we must allow God to work in us--to rescue us. Many times we have trouble being honest about our own struggles. We are in denial about the battle waging in our minds. Further, we try to win with our own strategy and refuse God's rescuing, delivering, and saving power. But, how do we get passed it? How do we come out of depression, despair, and bad decision making. How do we overcome and heal from hurts and disappointments?

Here are some steps that might help you or help you help someone else.

1. You must finally admit that you are loosing the battle on your own.
2. You must identify that there is a war going on in your mind.
3. You must allow God to rescue you.

I humbly pray to the all seeing and all comforting God of grace and mercy, that you will be healed and set free by the power of Christ.

Romans 7: 21-25A
21The Law has shown me that something in me keeps me from doing what I know is right. 22With my whole heart I agree with the Law of God. 23But in every part of me I discover something fighting against my mind, and it makes me a prisoner of sin that controls everything I do. 24What a miserable person I am. Who will rescue me from this body that is doomed to die? 25Thank God! Jesus Christ will rescue me.(Contemporary English Version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some kind of visual--Jesus taking the needle of a drug addict. Oh my. I may not have been on drugs, but I can clearly see here that Jesus paid the price for my sin. In some areas, I am not winning the battle. I am losing terribly. God help me!