Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bless the LORD...ALL That is Within Me!


Our scripture for today in "Daring to Dream" is Psalm 103 where David cries out, "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me... I recall singing those words when I was growing up and not really fully understanding what it meant. Today, after experiences and many God sightings, I am so overwhelmed with the grace, love, and mercy of God that I truly give my all to the LORD. I have made the choice to read the Bible, sing praises, be involved in service, and share with others the good news of Jesus Christ. This takes a lot of time! I learned that I have to prioritize God in my life in order to make the decision to do whatever it takes. Literally, in the beginning I had to get up much earlier. UGGGGHHH! But later, early wasn't so bad because the benefits I felt on the inside were better! I felt Good!

What about you? Are you blessing God with all that is within you? If so, how?

3 comments:

Silhouette said...

Then sings my soul my Savior God to thee --- HOW GREAT THOU ART! HOW GREAT THOU ART!

It's what my soul is singing as I read through today's Psalm and studied as a family. How great that in itself is!

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee --- HOW GREAT THOU ART! HOW GREAT THOU ART!

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.


Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.


Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"


Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Unknown said...

I have just spent about 6 hours preparing for tomorrow's Youth Group Meeting! I am feeling God all over me. Guess what? I am loving it! Anita and I have prayed for God's blessing on all that we hope to accomplish with the Youth for the duration of the 50 Day Journey and beyond. I have been Praising God for all of the "extras" He is delivering to me each day. Another song that comes to my mind is "Just as I am without one Plea". When God "bidst me come...I come!" We should not have any answer for God except for Yes.

Anonymous said...

Great work.