Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NO HALF STEPPING Philippians 3:12-14


On last week, the Weds night Bible study chose the New Century version of the bible to memorize our Spiritual Adventure memory verse: Philippians 3:12-14. Have you begun to work on this verse? I started working on it, and it has been a little hard since I memorized long ago in a different version. So, now I have to spend a little more time with the verse. And, as our youth pointed out on last night--there is very little extra time. Yet, I have to make the choice. So, pastor--No HALF STEPPING: strain forward!

Whenever I have a goal that seems hard to reach, I take a deep breath, cry out to God for wisdom, and today I am asking for good time management. We have deadlines, needs, programs, newsletters and whatever else due today: Jan 15! Oh my! How will I find the time to memorize, blog, etc. Well, I will live verse 14 today: I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God has called me through Christ Jesus to the life above.

What about you? Are you working on this verse?

Click here to read it and memorize it in the New Century Version: Philippians 3:12-14

2 comments:

Ms Reba said...

All kidding and joking aside, I absolutely love what you have done with this blog! Your enthusiasm and committment are evident. The impact being made in the Spirit of each of us who are doing this study is phenomenal. This is especially cool to see through the eyes and hearts of our Youth. You are an awesome leader! I am working on my memory verse and I WILL learn to recite it and more importantly, I will LIVE it!

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.