Monday, January 14, 2008

God Hunt Sightings


In our 50 Day Spiritual Adventure entitled, "Daring to Dream: Overcoming Barriers That Hold You Back" by Mainstay Ministries, we are working on opening our eyes to see the many ways God is there for us everyday, every hour, every minute. So, I wanted to report my sightings on this blog.

Day 8: Log 1Today I learned that one of our beloved Faith members who is hospitalized with heart blockage experienced a miraculous event. The blockage bi-passed itself! Most have to undergo surgery....but God. Thank-you to all who prayed for her!

Day 8: Log 2 I received a note from one of our youth. This youth thanked me for being present at youth events, meetings, and for the humor in my sermons. The youth encouraged me to keep on doing what I do because I was making a difference. I was in tears because I had been discouraged by something and had been wrestling with it for a couple of days. I had chosen to wait for God to speak to me. God spoke. Thanks to my youth--I heard from God. And, I will keep on doing what I do: Loving God & People. A special shout out to FUMY: I LOVE YOU ALL!

Day 8: Log 3 Today, Faith UMC of Fort Wayne aired at 8AM on 100.5 FM. We made history! What most people don't know is that this is prophecy fulfilled for your pastor. It was prophesied over my life in 1997, when I was licensed to preach at First Baptist Church in Gary, In that I would eventually reach many people through preaching on radio, television, and through writing books. Oh my...I was scared a little....and then God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learning what we are doing is fun

Anonymous said...

Yep, we are learning

Unknown said...

On January 3 I went to the Doctor and I was told to have a kidney test. I have an extensive family history of End Stage Renal Disease and I have lost a brother and a sister to this malady. So, a bit of fear did enter my mind as I thought about the possibility that I too might have inherited the mutation that my siblings had. (Actually my youngest brother is living with Kidney disease-he's on dialysis). With all of that in mind, I did not keep the appointment for the more extensive test, fear or God? I did reschedule the test, but after a very scary ad on T.V., I was about to cancel that one, too. Guess what? God showed up...My Dr.'s office called me to tell me that the test that was originally ordered was the wrong test. The office had already been scheduled for a less invasive, less risky, more appropriate test! I count that as a God Hunt Sighting.