Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blessed Are the Pure in Heart for They Shall See God


The LORD is all over me today. I was studying the Beatitudes today, and paused with a profound realization. As we look for God sightings, we may also be on a journey towards perfecting a pure heart. I found myself asking the question, "What is the difference between our lives before we saw God in everything and after we began to purposely hunt for God sightings?" Could it be that our hearts were corroded with impurities? Is there a cleansing process going on in order for us to see God in everything? Maybe it's similar to a dirty windshield--gotta clean of that thang before you can see clearly! What do you think? Do you sense a cleansing? a clearing of your windshield?

2 comments:

Afroqueen said...

Since this Bible study, i feel like my windshield is getting super clean.

Before the book told us to look for God hunt sightings, i never really noticed how much God has really been listening to me. Now, like everyday, i see how God has been helping me and listening to my prayers.

Terrace Crawford said...

Cool post Rebecca. Thanks for this word today.

/TC/