Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Make the Best of Today!

This week I have been caring for a dear friend. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She is undergoing chemotherapy and is currently staying at my house. During this time, she has shared her concerns about dreams that she had that may or may not come true. I have anguished with her and have drawn one conclusion: No day is promised. So, let's make the best of today, and let tomorrow have its own worry. Today, I have my friend with me. Tomorrow, I may not. I love today because she is part of it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You apparently love your friend and are able to take this tedious, unpredicatable journey with her by gentling holding her hand and hearing what's on her heart.

What a blessing indeed. You apparently understand the essence of Ephiphany, God's revelation of light to the world, for as you walk with your friend, you penetrate, permeate, and punctuate the darkness with God's marvelous LIGHT.

Shining and hoping for an even brighter tomorrow,

~Elizabeth D.

Anonymous said...

this is breanna johnson
i understand how u feel cause one day i saw my grandpa and the next morning he was gone. i also understand how you feel about your friend being there because i was with my grandpa and i didn't have cheerleading practice that day and obviously God sent me a sign. that was the day that him and i were closer than ever. continue to pray and God will answer in his own way even though it may or may not be the choice you desire.
-duces cuz

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. In 2002, I had my sister on Thursday, but by the next Tuesday, she was gone. My brother was doing well when I left for Spring Break, 2005 and after 2 days on the Cruise boat, I got the message that he had passed away...WHEW! Pastor Rebecca, continue to love your friend all that you can, because life is so precious and it is soooo temporary. With all of that said, God is in control and we know that His will is the only one that matters. I know that God is there with you. Just the fact that you are available this week is a God Hunt Sighting in my eyes. I will continue praying for you and your friend.