Saturday, January 19, 2008

Reaching for the Goal


Today, I saw God sighting after God sighting! I spent time with a couple that I matched when I was a match maker back in the day. ;o) Now, they both are married to each other and brought to me 16 month old Thalia Grace! She was a bundle of joy. All of a sudden, I was filled with more reasons to press on. Not only the love that I have for her parents, but because making a difference requires that I keep working at it. How sad it would be for Sean, Gina, and Thalia if I gave up! They would be heart broken. This is not to say I was thinking of giving up. I am not thinking any such thing. I just want to retire in Aruba any day now! LOL

Really, friends....I am memorizing my verse! Are you?

Philippians 3:12-14 New Century Version

3:12 I do not mean that I am already as God wants me to be. I have not yet reached that goal, but I continue trying to reach it and to make it mine. Christ wants me to do that, which is the reason he made me his. 13 Brothers and sisters, I know that I have not yet reached that goal, but there is one thing I always do. Forgetting the past and straining toward what is ahead,
14I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me through Christ to the life above.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean, Gina, and Thalia are quite blessed to have you in their lives. Yes, I am memorizing the verse. It is my hope that by the time we have Bible Study on Wednesday, the verse will flow from me fluently. (Right now I sound like a robot trying to recite it:)

Terrace Crawford said...

Good stuff Rebecca, Good stuff!
It's exciting to see your passion come out on your blog.

//TC//

Afroqueen said...

I pretty much know the whole verse. Im just havin trouble with verse 14, but im gonna get it.

Anonymous said...

I am blank Boo. I just wanted to visit your blog while at your house since you are so excited about it. Hopefully one day I will be a real blogger or have some interest in it at all. Honestly, I just don't want the FBI to come after me!

Love, Georgia